Welcome to the Clintonville Public School District and to Dellwood Early Learning Center! We are honored to be able to serve your student. Please know that you are your child's first and most important teacher, and we are excited to partner with you in this endeavor. We will focus on many aspects of your child's education at Dellwood through a play-based learning environment. We have high expectations for their learning as well as for their positive interactions with peers and with staff. Please find below what we will be working on with your child. You can support at home by reading with them daily, and using every-day activities as fun counting opportunities! Please stay in touch with your child's teacher, promote daily attendance routines with your child, and stay involved!
By the end of 4K, your student should be able to...
* Recognize and write their first name.
* Identify all of the letters in their first name.
* Identify letters of the alphabet
* Produce 10 or more letter sounds
* Orally tell what happened in a story (beginning, middle and end)
* Rote count to 20
* Count objects with one-to-one correspondence to 10
* Represent a number 1-10 using objects/fingers.
* Be able to "read" numbers 0-6
* Identify 6 shapes
(square, rectangle, circle, triangle, oval, diamond/rhombus)
* Demonstrate concepts of positional, spatial words
(up/down, over/under, in/on, above/below, inside/outside)
* Sort by color, shape and size
* Continues a simple AB or ABC pattern
If you would like to learn more about the programs, instructors or upcoming registrations, please feel free to contact us at 715.823.7215 Ext. 2500.
If you are interested in volunteering in your child's class, you will need to fill out a volunteer application. The application can be found on the main website under the District tab or picked up in the office.
Don't forget to check out the information about the Little Trucks Playgroup under the communication tab!